Latest Updates:
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Topic Tools
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Motivation & practical aspects of Alekhine (Read 3599 times)
lg
God Member

I love ChessPublishing.com!

Re: Motivation & practical aspects of Alekhine
Reply #3 - 12/25/21 at 20:24:08
Post Tools
Thanks

concerning books, you may try the recent "Modernized Alekhine" by Christian Bauer

IP Logged

CanadianClub

Greetings from Catalonia!

Reply #2 - 12/25/21 at 19:14:43
Post Tools
lg wrote on 12/25/21 at 19:09:25:
Hello

Could you please let me know which video you are referring to?

thanks

https://gingergm.com/library/killer-alekhine

IP Logged

lg
God Member

I love ChessPublishing.com!

Reply #1 - 12/25/21 at 19:09:25
Post Tools
Hello

Could you please let me know which video you are referring to?

thanks

IP Logged

CanadianClub

Greetings from Catalonia!

Motivation & practical aspects of Alekhine
12/25/21 at 18:35:32
Post Tools
Hi, after looking at Tony's recent video (thx a lot man!!!!!) I think myself agsin and again about practical benefits of playing this opening OTB. My online games are exclusively training/testing games. OTB mainly.

I play mainly French and hyper-AccDragon Sicilian. Primarily French and Sicilian as 2nd weapon that lately it got closely to the French as being 1rst option. But Sicilian is nowadays not a good practical choice (no mainlines gottennon theboard, that it would be good because mainlines are mainlines for a reasson; but I doubt old mainlines are actual mainlines nowadays: lots of Alapins, Rossolimos, GPAs...).

So.... Tony did a good job about introducing this to a practical  good option. I always thought the only real test was the classical but Tony stand that maybe the 4PA is really the critical test (plus Voronez or whatever is named, the Rc1+b3 line).

So... How many critical lines do you face usually? I don't mind defending and maneuvring in my games with black (I play the French). Maybe I liked the less some lines with Bc4-Bb3-Ng5-h4 by White.

Do you guys think the Alekhine is worth being studied in 2022 by a 1800 elo fide guy that never played it before? I have as a study material Tony's study and Pruijssers videoseries passed to myself from a friend (not watched yet). Any good book? Or study games for myself would be enough?

Thx in advance and Merry Christmas to everybody ! Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Topic Tools
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo